Can Drive Driving School Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions are an important part of your driving tuition as all our instructors are self employed and earn a living from providing you with a service that you would expect from us.
Communications: To ensure that communication channels are in place, please ensure that we are aware of your current mobile and landline numbers.
Punctuality: We will contact you if we are going to be later than 5 minutes for your driving lesson. The time lost will be added to the end of the lesson if possible, or added to another lesson at a later date. If you are late for your lesson, then that time will be lost.
Be fit to drive: Prescribed drugs that will affect your driving. You must hold a current and valid driving licence which must be produced before your first driving lesson along with you National Insurance number so your instructor can check your details online regarding any points or bans you may have, and at regular intervals throughout your training. Any changes to your driving licence due to medical conditions or driving convictions must be communicated to your instructor immediately. Please ensure that you present yourself in suitable clothing, particularly practical footwear. It is also important to attend lessons with any appropriate glasses or contact lenses for reasons of road safety. If we think you are unfit to drive for failing to meet any of these conditions, the lesson will be cancelled at your expense. We cannot accept responsibility for any injury, loss or damage arising from a driving lesson.
Lesson payments: Must be made at the beginning of each lesson, and can be by cash or cheque. Any unpaid cheques will be subject to an administration fee of £15.00. Block bookings must be paid for in full on the first lesson of that block. Refunds will only be made in exceptional circumstances and any agreement is between the instructor and the student and not Can Drive driving school.
If you suspend taking any pre-paid tuition for a period of 8 weeks or more, any remaining tuition owed will be forfeited. Prices may be varied at any time with reasonable notice.
Cancellation: If less than 24 hours (1 day) notice is given, the full lesson fee must be paid. If you suspend taking your driving lessons within a block of pre paid lessons for a period of 8 weeks or more, then any remaining lessons will be forfeited.
We cannot be held responsible for any mechanical or electrical failure which may cause the prevention or termination of a lesson or driving test. If the weather is too severe to take a lesson I can re-arrange your lesson. The decision will be made considering your ability and any advice given by motoring organisations. If you decide to cancel at short notice due to weather and the conditions are suitable to drive, the lesson will be chargeable
Lessons: Your driving lesson will be on a one to one basis. You will always receive the full lesson time you have paid for. I will be happy to start and finish your lesson from different locations, providing these are agreed at least one week in advance, and that both are within the usual area of my work.
Refunds: All block bookings and Intensive courses paid for upfront will include a discount so all lessons taken will be charged at the standard hourly rate and will also include a £10 admin charge. If you suspend taking your lessons for more than 3 months all lessons paid for in advance will be forfeited and no refund can be given.
Penalties: Whenever you are driving in the school vehicle, you will be under close supervision. However, Can Drive Driving School cannot be held responsible for any infringement of the law. Any fines that are incurred will be the responsibility of the driver.
Practical tests: We will make every effort to help you reach a good standard of driving that will enable you to pass your driving test, and you must try to maintain regular lessons leading up to your test otherwise your test date might have to be moved back to give you more time to prepare. The only way to pass the driving test is to be properly prepared. In the interest of road safety we reserve the right to withdraw the use of my car for tests without prior notice, should you prove to be unsafe and not up to test standard.
Damage to the School Car: During lessons, we will make every effort to avoid damage to the car. However, if we consider that you were driving in a dangerous or unpredictable way or caused damage during a lesson and actual damage is caused despite best efforts made, you will be expected to pay for the repairs and any loss of earnings the instructor may incur (up to the level of excess on the instructor’s insurance policy). This will be discussed at the time of the damage. In addition, during driving tests, the examiner will not prevent you, the candidate from hitting the kerb or causing other similar minor damage to the car. Therefore, all damage caused by you whilst on test will be charged to you (up to the level of excess on the instructor’s insurance policy).
Holidays and Availability: We will give you notice of holidays or days where I am unavailable. Please ensure that you do likewise. Please be sure to book your first lesson after your holiday or break in tuition, to retain your place on the diary and to maintain progress.
Complaints by clients should be made in the first instance to Can Drive Driving School.
By taking driving lessons with Can Drive Driving School it is accepted that you have read and agree to these terms and conditions.
Use of Website:
- Definitions and Interpretation
- In these Terms and Conditions, unless the context otherwise requires, the following expressions have the following meanings:
|“Content”||means any and all text, images, audio, video, scripts, code, software, databases and any other form of information capable of being stored on a computer that appears on, or forms part of, Our Site; and|
|“We/Us/Our”||means Can Drive Driving School, a company registered in England under, whose registered address is 5 Hill Cres, Sutton in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire – NG17 4FD and whose main trading address is.|
- Information About Us
Our Site, www.candrivedrivinglessons.com, is owned and operated by Can Drive Driving School, a limited company registered in England under, whose registered address is 5 Hill Cres, Sutton in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire – NG17 4FD.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Telephone number: 01623 362162.
- Access to Our Site
- Access to Our Site is free of charge.
- It is your responsibility to make any and all arrangements necessary in order to access Our Site.
- Access to Our Site is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We may alter, suspend or discontinue Our Site (or any part of it) at any time and without notice. We will not be liable to you in any way if Our Site (or any part of it) is unavailable at any time and for any period.
- Intellectual Property Rights
- All Content included on Our Site and the copyright and other intellectual property rights subsisting in that Content, unless specifically labelled otherwise, belongs to or has been licensed by Us. All Content is protected by applicable United Kingdom and international intellectual property laws and treaties.
- Subject to sub-Clauses 4.3 and 4.6 you may not reproduce, copy, distribute, sell, rent, sub-licence, store, or in any other manner re-use Content from Our Site unless given express written permission to do so by Us.
- You may:
- Access, view and use Our Site in a web browser (including any web browsing capability built into other types of software or app);
- Download Our Site (or any part of it) for caching;
- Print pages from Our Site;
- Download extracts from pages on Our Site; and
- Save pages from Our Site for later and/or offline viewing.
- Our status as the owner and author of the Content on Our Site (or that of identified licensors, as appropriate) must always be acknowledged.
- You may not use any Content saved or downloaded from Our Site for commercial purposes without first obtaining a licence from Us (or our licensors, as appropriate) to do so. This does not prohibit the normal access, viewing and use of Our Site for general information purposes whether by business users or consumers.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits or excludes the provisions of Chapter III of the Copyrights, Designs and Patents Act 1988 ‘Acts Permitted in Relation to Copyright Works’, covering in particular the making of temporary copies; research and private study; the making of copies for text and data analysis for non-commercial research; criticism, review, quotation and news reporting; caricature, parody or pastiche; and the incidental inclusion of copyright material.
- Links to Our Site
- You may link to Our Site provided that:
- You do so in a fair and legal manner;
- You do not do so in a manner that suggests any form of association, endorsement or approval on Our part where none exists;
- You do not use any logos or trade marks displayed on Our Site without Our express written permission; and
- You do not do so in a way that is calculated to damage Our reputation or to take unfair advantage of it.
- You may link to any page of Our Site.
- Framing or embedding of Our Site on other websites is not permitted without Our express written permission. Please contact Us at email@example.com for further information.
- You may not link to Our Site from any other site the main content of which contains material that:
- is sexually explicit;
- is obscene, deliberately offensive, hateful or otherwise inflammatory;
- promotes violence;
- promotes or assists in any form of unlawful activity;
- discriminates against, or is in any way defamatory of, any person, group or class of persons, race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age;
- is intended or is otherwise likely to threaten, harass, annoy, alarm, inconvenience, upset, or embarrass another person;
- is calculated or is otherwise likely to deceive another person;
- is intended or otherwise likely to infringe (or threaten to infringe) another person’s right to privacy;
- misleadingly impersonates any person or otherwise misrepresents the identity or affiliation of a particular person in a way that is calculated to deceive (obvious parodies are not included in this definition provided that they do not fall within any of the other provisions of this sub-Clause 5.4);
- implies any form of affiliation with Us where none exists;
- infringes, or assists in the infringement of, the intellectual property rights (including, but not limited to, copyright, trademarks and database rights) of any other party; or
- is made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party including, but not limited to, contractual duties and duties of confidence.
- The content restrictions in sub-Clause 5.4 do not apply to content submitted to sites by other users provided that the primary purpose of the site accords with the provisions of sub-Clause 5.4. You are not, for example, prohibited from posting links on general-purpose social networking sites merely because another user may post such content. You are, however, prohibited from posting links on websites which focus on or encourage the submission of such content from users.
- You may link to Our Site provided that:
- Links to Other Sites
Links to other sites may be included on Our Site. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under Our control. We neither assume nor accept responsibility or liability for the content of third party sites. The inclusion of a link to another site on Our Site is for information only and does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, We make no representation, warranty, or guarantee that Our Site will meet your requirements, that it will not infringe the rights of third parties, that it will be compatible with all software and hardware, or that it will be secure.
- We make reasonable efforts to ensure that the Content on Our Site is complete, accurate, and up-to-date. We do not, however, make any representations, warranties or guarantees (whether express or implied) that the Content is complete, accurate, or up-to-date.
- Our Liability
- To the fullest extent permissible by law, We accept no liability to any user for any loss or damage, whether foreseeable or otherwise, in contract, tort (including negligence), for breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with the use of (or inability to use) Our Site or the use of or reliance upon any Content included on Our Site.
- To the fullest extent permissible by law, We exclude all representations, warranties, and guarantees (whether express or implied) that may apply to Our Site or any Content included on Our Site.
- Our Site is intended for non-commercial use only. If you are a business user, We accept no liability for loss of profits, sales, business or revenue; loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; loss of anticipated savings; business interruption; or for any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- We exercise all reasonable skill and care to ensure that Our Site is free from viruses and other malware. We accept no liability for any loss or damage resulting from a virus or other malware, a distributed denial of service attack, or other harmful material or event that may adversely affect your hardware, software, data or other material that occurs as a result of your use of Our Site (including the downloading of any Content from it) or any other site referred to on Our Site.
- We neither assume nor accept responsibility or liability arising out of any disruption or non-availability of Our Site resulting from external causes including, but not limited to, ISP equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, natural events, acts of war, or legal restrictions and censorship.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or restricts Our liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, for death or personal injury resulting from negligence, or for any other forms of liability which cannot be excluded or restricted by law. For full details of consumers’ legal rights, including those relating to digital content, please contact your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office.
- Viruses, Malware and Security
- We exercise all reasonable skill and care to ensure that Our Site is secure and free from viruses and other malware.
- You are responsible for protecting your hardware, software, data and other material from viruses, malware, and other internet security risks.
- You must not deliberately introduce viruses or other malware, or any other material which is malicious or technologically harmful either to or via Our Site.
- You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to any part of Our Site, the server on which Our Site is stored, or any other server, computer, or database connected to Our Site.
- You must not attack Our Site by means of a denial of service attack, a distributed denial of service attack, or by any other means.
- By breaching the provisions of sub-Clauses 9.3 to 9.5 you may be committing a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. Any and all such breaches will be reported to the relevant law enforcement authorities and We will cooperate fully with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. Your right to use Our Site will cease immediately in the event of such a breach.
- Acceptable Usage Policy
- You may only use Our Site in a manner that is lawful. Specifically:
- you must ensure that you comply fully with any and all local, national or international laws and/or regulations;
- you must not use Our Site in any way, or for any purpose, that is unlawful or fraudulent;
- you must not use Our Site to knowingly send, upload, or in any other way transmit data that contains any form of virus or other malware, or any other code designed to adversely affect computer hardware, software, or data of any kind; and
- you must not use Our Site in any way, or for any purpose, that is intended to harm any person or persons in any way.
- We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your access to Our Site if you materially breach the provisions of this Clause 10 or any of the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions. Specifically, We may take one or more of the following actions:
- suspend, whether temporarily or permanently, your right to access Our Site;
- issue you with a written warning;
- take legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of any and all relevant costs on an indemnity basis resulting from your breach;
- take further legal action against you as appropriate;
- disclose such information to law enforcement authorities as required or as We deem reasonably necessary; and/or
- any other actions which We deem reasonably appropriate (and lawful).
- We hereby exclude any and all liability arising out of any actions (including, but not limited to those set out above) that We may take in response to breaches of these Terms and Conditions.
- You may only use Our Site in a manner that is lawful. Specifically:
- Privacy and Cookies
- Changes to these Terms and Conditions
- We may alter these Terms and Conditions at any time. If We do so, details of the changes will be highlighted at the top of this page. Any such changes will become binding on you upon your first use of Our Site after the changes have been implemented. You are therefore advised to check this page from time to time.
- In the event of any conflict between the current version of these Terms and Conditions and any previous version(s), the provisions current and in effect shall prevail unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
- Contacting Us
To contact Us, please email Us at firstname.lastname@example.org or using any of the methods provided on Our contact page.
- Communications from Us
- If We have your contact details, We may from time to time send you important notices by email. Such notices may relate to matters including, but not limited to, service changes and changes to these Terms and Conditions.
- We will never send you marketing emails of any kind without your express consent. If you do give such consent, you may opt out at any time. Any and all marketing emails sent by Us include an unsubscribe link. If you opt out of receiving emails from Us at any time, it may take up to 7 days business days for Us to comply with your request. During that time, you may continue to receive emails from Us.
- For questions or complaints about communications from Us (including, but not limited to marketing emails), please contact Us at email@example.com or via Contact page.
- Data Protection
- All personal information that We may use will be collected, processed, and held in accordance with the provisions of EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and your rights under the GDPR.
- Law and Jurisdiction
- These Terms and Conditions, and the relationship between you and Us (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the law of England & Wales.
- If you are a consumer, you will benefit from any mandatory provisions of the law in your country of residence. Nothing in Sub-Clause 16.1 above takes away or reduces your rights as a consumer to rely on those provisions.
- If you are a consumer, any dispute, controversy, proceedings or claim between you and Us relating to these Terms and Conditions, or the relationship between you and Us (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England, Wales, Scotland, or Northern Ireland, as determined by your residency.
- If you are a business, any disputes concerning these Terms and Conditions, the relationship between you and Us, or any matters arising therefrom or associated therewith (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the non exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England & Wales.