Driving Licence Info
For general information about driving licences your legal obligations and what you need to do for cars, mopeds & motorbikes.
Apply for your licence
To apply for your first provisional driving licence for a moped, motorbike or car from DVLA
There are a few criteria which must be met before you apply.
- be at least 15 years and 9 months old
- be able to read a number plate from 20 metres away
- prove your identity with recognised documentation
- provide details of addresses where you’ve lived over the last 3 years
- Payment – currently £34 via MasterCard, Visa, Electron, Maestro or Delta debit or credit card
- Have your National Insurance number (if known)
Replace a lost or stolen licence
If you have had your licence stolen You should contact the police we are talking about keep your identity safe.
Whether you lost your licence or it’s been stolen whether it’s a provisional or a full licence you will need to arrange a replacement.
Theory test booking
Book your driving theory test for cars, motorcycles, lorries buses and coaches
Change theory test
Things change – with this link you can change check for cancellation appointments, change the date of your theory test or even request a change of test centre.
Practical Driving Test Booking
You’ve done the theory, you’ve had the lessons and put in the practice – time now to book your driving test. Different test centres may have a different length wait but your instructor will be able to advise you and will know when you’re ready (or almost ready) to sit your test.
Change your practical test
Life has a way of changing our plans – with this link you can change check for cancellation appointments, change the date of your test or even request a change of test centre.